Magic Foods That Help Joining Broken Bones Faster

R u fond of eating or do u want to impress ur Family wid the newly made dish??? U've come to the right place for getting the Most Exquisite Recipes...
jeevan

Magic Foods That Help Joining Broken Bones Faster

Postby jeevan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:51 pm

When my son fractured his ankle playing football, he was told by the surgeon that he'd be unable to play football for 9-12 months. My son, a keen footballer, was distraught at this news, so I decided to do a bit of research to see if there was anything that could be done to speed up the healing process.

During this research, I came across many websites claiming that there is a wide range of foods that supposedly have the ability to strengthen bones and heal fractures quickly. Therefore, since there was really no harm in trying, I decided to include them in his diet. The results were quite surprising - just 4 months after surgery, my son was back in light training, and he played his first match just 6 months after his injury.

How much of this healing is down to the foods I chose based on their reputation for healing bones? I'm not entirely sure, but what I do know is that he healed fast and effectively, and if you, or a loved one, have a broken bone I urge you to try including as many of the following foods in your/their diet plan.

1. Avocado

The fat that is present in avocados provides natural lubrication for our joints, making them very helpful for a broken ankle.

2. Onions

Onions should be included on your plate every evening, whether or not you are suffering from a broken bone, because they are antibiotic, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory. Furthermore, onions contain a compound that inhibits the activity of the type of cells (osteoclasts) that are known to have a negative effect on the strength of bones.

Therefore, since bone integrity and strength are very important for anyone who has experienced a fracture, I made sure to include onions regularly in my son's diet while his broken bones were healing.

3. Pumpkin

4. Spinach

Spinach is full of nutrients that help heal broken bones faster:
• Vitamin K activates osteocalcin, a compound that anchors calcium molecules in bones. Just half a cup of spinach leaves will provide your daily requirement of vitamin K.
• As a source of calcium, it helps to keep bones strong.

5. Comfrey

This herb can be easily grown in your garden and it's a very useful plant for healing broken bones. Its traditional name is 'knit bone' because it can be used as a poultice externally, or eaten and digested to help heal bones.

To help speed up my son's healing, I was:
• Chopping comfrey and mixing it with scrambled eggs for breakfast.
• Juicing comfrey with fresh peas to make a cool, refreshing drink.
• Adding comfrey to salads.
• Applying it directly to my son's leg as a comfrey poultice.

6. Fresh Green Peas

Common garden peas are packed full of calcium, phosphorus, sodium, iron, potassium, vitamin A and C, niacin, and magnesium. Therefore, green peas are great at speeding up the healing process of a broken bone. Furthermore, they are recognized as a remedy for the prevention of blood clots. When instructed to rest in bed and be immobile for a few weeks, it's very important to prevent blood clots from forming. That's why you should include fresh green peas in your diet.

The following foods do not speed up the healing process of broken bones, but they are just as important during the healing period.

7. Fennel

Since fennel is traditionally used to soothe the gut and relieve gas, it's a logical addition to the diet of anyone with limited mobility. Fennel can aid in the digestion of any meal. If you have previously been constantly active, but are suddenly forced to remain immobile while you wait for your bones to heal, fennel can help your body cope with the change.

8. Parsley

Parsley has the ability to act as a gentle laxative. One of the side effects of the painkillers that are prescribed to those suffering from broken bones is constipation. Therefore, parsley, since it's a gentle laxative, is a great food for anyone who has broken bones.

Return to “Recipe Corner”

INTERESTING NEWS