The Winning Photos Of National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year 2017

Love Travelling? See The Various Travel Spots Here.
jeevan

Re: The Winning Photos Of National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year 2017

Postby jeevan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:29 pm

People

1stPhoto and caption byF.Dilek Uyar/ National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year. “worshipThis photo was taken in Konya. Willing Dervish in an historical place of Sille KonyaTurkey.The ‘dance’ of the Whirling Dervishes is called Sema and is a symbol of the Mevlevi culture. According to Mevlana’s teachings, human beings are born twice, once oftheir mothers and the second time of their own bodies.

2nd Place. Photo and caption by Julius Y./ National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year. “Interesting moment.” Museum visitors curiously watching Rembrandt’s painting ” Syndics of the Drapers’ Guild” where it gave the illusion that the people on the paintings too are curiously watching the visitors.

3rd Place. Photo and caption by Rodney Bursiel/ National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year. “Under The Wave.” I recently traveled to Tavarua, Fiji to do some surf photography with pro surfer Donavon Frankenreiter at Cloudbreak. I’m always looking for new angles and perspectives. The usual surf shots have all been done so we decided to get a little creative. Makes you look twice.

Honorable Mention 1. Photo and caption by Jobit George/ National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year. “Bridging Generation.” A beautiful photo of a father and son sitting in white traditional attire with beautiful blue sky on the day of Eid al-Fitr in a mosque in New Delhi, India. The photo shows the beautiful bond which these two generation have been building up in a very simple and lovable manner.

Honorable Mention 2. Photo and caption by Moin Ahmed/ National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year. “The Man’s Stare.” The photo was taken on 23rd of July 2016 at Tongi Railway Station, Gazipur, Bangladesh. I was there for taking photos and waiting for a moment. A train from Dhaka toward another district has reached and stopped at the platform for 5 min for lifting passengers. It was huge raining. Suddenly I found a pair of curious eye was looking at me through the window and on his left, an umbrella has been put for protect the rain. I got the moment.

Honorable Mention 3. Photo and caption by Michael Dean Morgan/ National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year. “Blessings at Besakih.” Besakih Temple has been known as Bali’s ‘Mother Temple’ for over 1000 years and is perched 1000 metreshigh on the southwestern slopes of Mount Agung. Here Balinese often come to offer up prayer and take blessing from the temple priests or “Pemangku” who reside there.

You can also find the entire gallery of winning photos on the Nat Geo contest website.

Return to “Travel”

INTERESTING NEWS